Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Let the Sun Shine!

Today I had a moment when leaving work.  The kind of moment that helps lifts the first day of the work week goodbye.  The sun was still shining and I had Led Zeppelin playing on my mp3 player as I took the long walk to my car.  I wasn't freezing and I began to feel relieved.  My thoughts immediately went to Spring and even though we are predicted to get more snow tomorrow night Spring didn't feel too far away.  I hope you all too have a moment like that and can get out of this freezing snow slump.

One way I try to get out of this slump is to move forward and plan for fun things.  The next thing on my list is Valentine's Day!  I know it is not a real holiday and there was probably a groan across the county when I mentioned it but why not make plans for some winter fun. 

On a budget:
  • Don't celebrate on Valentine's Day, celebrate the day before and head out to brunch at one of these eateries: Cafe Mio, The Depuy Canal House, Bacchus, Skytop Brewery, or your favorite spot.
  • Have friends over for a wine tasting.
  • Crafternoon with friends and family and make Valentine's for each other.
  • Just make a special dessert and don't stress about the dinner- chocolate fondue, rice crispy treat hearts, red velvet cupcakes.
  • Go outside and play together.  Find a local snow shoe spot, cross country ski, or snow tube.
  • Do something meaningful together. -Your choice
Something Different at Local Spots:
Benmarl Winery - Marlboro
Saturday, February 12th- Come celebrate Valentines Day Weekend with us! Enjoy a rare, intimate evening of food, wine and discussion with our winemaker. Cozy up to our and enjoy a five . There are only 16 seats available for this event. $85 per ticket ($75 for Wine Club Members) . For reservations e-mail us at benmarlwinery@gmail.com, or call us at . (845)236-4265 ext 0course food and wine pairingwood stove

Bistro Sundays at Skytop Steakhouse!
http://skytop.moonfruit.com/#/bistro-sundays/4519766761

A bit of a Drive but soo worth it: Peekamoose Restaurant in Big Indian
"For the 14th, we are offering our full winter menu as well as a $29 per person, prix fixe Valentine's menu which is a three course menu with choices for entrees."
http://peekamooserestaurant.com/

More to come!
Have a wonderful night and I hope we don't get too much snow tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment