Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I Dream of Pizza- Take 5- Rocco's

Well, I feel like I am losing steam with this blog, maybe it's the changing of the seasons.  Everything around me seems to be winding down- even the pizza.  I love Fall and all the fun that comes with it but lately I've been feeling uninspired.  This week's installment is simply that, uninspiring.  We chose Rocco's Pizza in the Stop and Shop Shopping Center and even though I devoured 3 slices in one sitting the only thing I took away from this experience was a grease stain on my pants.

The Viewing:

The Scoop:
As you can see from above, this pizza scores big points here in size.  It is literally pressing up against the side of the box.  So much so that it is curved.  There was a lot of crust to go around.  But that didn't make the pizza spectacular.  To be honest the pizza dough overall was pretty thin- not the crunchy kind of thin, the floppy kind of thin. To me it seems that the crust was almost wasted dough that could have been spread out more evenly.  Maybe I didn't have my 'A' game/pizza tasting face on this night but that's where the excitement ended.  The pizza was a bit tasteless.  It didn't taste bad but it was a one note kind of taste.  The only thing that I would deem bad or unfortunate was the amount of grease on the pizza.  It was so drippy greasy.  I almost pulled out the 'Long Island Napkin' trick when you place a napkin on the top of the pizza to adsorb excess grease.  Oh well.   

The Rating:
I give this pizza a 3 out of 5.  As I already said it wasn't bad by any means - it is just was okay.  There weren't any special high notes or anything that made this pizza stand out against it's competitors.  Dough- eh, Sauce- eh, Cheese, eh.  Size- :) Grease- yuck!  There was one thing actually that did stand out against all the other pizza places so far, it was the most expensive pie to date.  $14.50.  Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment