Monday, November 15, 2010

2 things my side of the mountain needs

As I already mentioned on Facebook my side of the mountain is lacking two very lucrative and fun things.

1) A local movie theater
2) A Fun Zone

What I am wondering is where to people in Ellenville and Pine Bush go to see movies?  You can to Rosendale but not if you want to see any main stream movies.  New Paltz has a theatre but really- we might as well have one like that over here.  You can drive the 30 minutes to Kingston but I think that movies should be more accessible to the community than that. 

Someone please educate me.  Where do you go to watch 'new' movies? Don't say you illegally download them.  Do you think we are missing out here?  I do.  I would put them in myself but I don't think I will be am multi millionaire anytime soon.  If I ever am- I will attempt to just as long as it is reasonable. 

Tell me what you think...

2 comments:

  1. I think the area could absolutely benefit from a cinema - I would imagine most people in the Pine Bush/Ellenville area would head to Middletown or Newburgh for that. However, I do think that as industry comes back to the area that it wouldn't be surprising to see a movie theatre or even a smaller-scale mall (like there used to be in Napanoch) in the Ellenville area. One can only hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Word on the street is that there is a Walmart going in where Ames is....even though I have some hesitations about Walmart maybe this is a step in the right direction. Cross your fingers...

    ReplyDelete