Monday, October 7, 2013

I Dream of Pizza take 4- Rino's Pizza

I'm not going to lie here I have eaten Rino's pizza before and really loved it.  The Grandma slice is one of my favorites.  But for this tasting I had to block that all out and enter this with a clear mind.

The Viewing

Are you excited?


The Tasting

I really did try to block out my previous tastings and experiences with Rino's but my expectations were high here. Most of my friends' love Rino's so it's hard not to be excited.  So this pizza had a lot to live up to.  This particular pie was good.  It had its ups and downs.  The flavor of the sauce is what stood out and sticks with me the most.  You can just taste the freshness of the sauce come through.  Which is such a nice treat, especially because I grew up on homemade sauce.  We were not a jar sauce family.  Not that there is anything wrong with jar sauce but it just doesn't taste as good in my opinion.  The other pluses here were the crust was a perfect thickness, size of the slices were even and big, and the overall size of the pizza hit the mark.  They definitely didn't skimp here.  

This pizza unfortunately was not a home run, maybe a triple.  The dough was really thin, which I usually don't mind.  However, when my husband picked up his slice it drooped down so much that the sauce and cheese dripped right off.  Not all the slices were like that, which to me showed a little too much inconsistency with it.  Maybe that end just had too much sauce on it.  

But the positives here definitely outshine the negatives.  I had a day old cold slice and it was so good.  I couldn't eat it fast enough.  It took so much will power to not eat the last slice but I am saving it for my husband.

The Rating:

I give Rino's pizza 4 out of 5 stars here.    There really was only one aspect of the pizza that was not out of this world amazing but the overall quality and taste was superior to most of it's competitors thus far.  I thought the pizza overall was great and I would hands down recommend them.

Kudos Rino's!  Thank you for a delicious and splendid dinner!


(Total side note too- the garlic  knots were cold.  We live pretty close to Rino's so it's not like they cooled down on the ride home.  That was also a bit disappointing.  I can't really include that in the rating but I couldn't not share it though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment